We may also use information provided by you or transmitted to us through the Properties to send you electronic and other messages about energy efficiency opportunities, a property in one of our communities or an offering from one of our affiliates. Your permission is considered granted unless you specify otherwise pursuant to applicable law, as discussed below. We comply with the U.S. Federal CAN-SPAM Act, and make every effort to ensure that our messages are not considered Spam. Of course, you may unsubscribe from any messages we send at any time and you will not receive further electronic messages from us after following the instructions included within the message.
We may provide you with an “opt in” or “opt-out” mechanism depending on where you are located when we collect your personal data. An “opt-in” mechanism will provide you the opportunity to positively indicate that you would like or do not object to our sending you such further communications and we will not send you any unless you have “opted-in”. An “opt-out” mechanism will provide you the opportunity to indicate that you do not want us to send you such further communications, and if you “opt-out” we will not send you any. Either way, opting-in or opting-out will be up to you and, in addition, if you do not want us to use your personal data for a particular purpose or disclose it to a third party, you may “opt out” at any time by contacting us as provided below.
Information transmitted over the Internet may find its way to recipients to whom it is not intended or persons you may not want to have such information. Under certain circumstances, this may be beyond the control of SunStreet, and you are advised that such transmission may not be secure. However, SunStreet complies with applicable federal law regarding the safeguarding of your personal information, and we employ reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your information, as required by law. Further, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you.
Categories of Information We Collect
Contact Information: We may request and collect, without limitation, your name, address, email address, home telephone number, work telephone number, fax number and cell phone number.
Additional Information About You: In connection with your agreeing to either enter into the Solar 20/20 Plan Agreement or Solar Benefits Agreement with SunStreet, or to purchase a solar system from SunStreet, we obtained or established, or will obtain or establish, as applicable, your Contact Information (as set forth above), as well as information about the home you are purchasing, including the community, mailing address, the anticipated closing date and information of about the solar system, including production and outage data and consumption data.
When you make inquiries concerning career opportunities, we will request a copy of your resume, your highest level of education and information about the type of job you are seeking.
Access to Camera and Photos: Some of our mobile Properties may request access to your mobile device’s camera and photos. We’ll access your camera and photos only after you give us permission.
Additionally, we may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history; and
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your payment history, the status of a loan application submitted to an affiliate, and parties to a transaction.
We may collect the following contact information that you provide, confirm, or update while using SunStreet.com, our affiliates’ websites or through personal interactions during the home buying process and/or during the activation of the solar system, including, by way of example but not limitation, completing a registration at any model home.
- The services that you desire to order and your preferences regarding service information (services information).
- Credit card information to pay for services that are ordered (credit card information).
- The email addresses of friends and family to receive a notification regarding your move (friends and family contact information).
- Your preferences regarding the forwarding of USPS mail (preferences information).
In some cases we may combine information we collect through our Properties with information collected from other online or offline sources.
When you make inquiries concerning your solar system, we will also request the identity of the community where your home is located.
If you wish to contact our webmaster, we will request your contact information.
Categories of Information We Disclose
- In connection with the fulfillment of the services that you request, including through the Website.
- To enforce the Terms and Conditions applicable to the use of the Properties.
- As required by law or valid legal process.
- In response to appropriate governmental requests.
- As we deem reasonably necessary to investigate, prevent or take other appropriate action in connection with potential illegal or fraudulent activities or potential risk to the personal safety of any individual or the security of your information.
- To manage our business, including by providing information about our customers, including credit information, to potential investors or financing sources.
- To protect our interests.
- Your credit card information in connection with any services that you request, and we will not retain your credit card information.
- Your friends and family contact information in connection with the fulfillment of the moving notices that you request.
Parties to Whom We Disclose
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of select third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as mortgage bankers and insurance agents, as well as potential investors and other financing sources for SunStreet;
- Non-financial companies, such as retailers and direct marketers;
- We may use and share your contact information, solar information and new home information among our affiliates to provide you with offers from our affiliates that we believe may be of interest to you;
- We may share your contact information, solar information and new home information with third parties who assist SunStreet in offering products or services to you;
- We may share your contact information, solar information and new home information with carefully selected third parties that agree with SunStreet to offer products or services to you and users of the Properties;
- Potential Investors or financing sources of SunStreet.
Information Sharing with Companies that Perform Services on our Behalf
We may disclose any or all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. The categories of third parties with whom we have contracted may include, among others:
- Financial service providers, such as credit card issuers, finance companies, insurance agencies or companies, banks, and mortgage companies; and
- Other service providers, such as tax vendors, print vendors, and software programmers.
Information Sharing with Non-Affiliated Companies
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law, including pursuant to consents that you provide, and for our everyday business purposes, such as to process transactions, maintain accounts, respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus. We may also, either directly or through our affiliates, share your nonpublic personal information with nonaffiliated companies to market their products and services to you.
If you prefer that we not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties to market their products and services to you, you may opt out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures. If you wish to opt out of disclosures to nonaffiliated third parties to market their products and services to you, please contact us at email@example.com. If you do not opt out at this time and wish to do so in the future, you may contact us by emailing us at service@SunStreet.com.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Properties. These companies may collect information about your visits to our Properties and other websites and/or apps in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We may also partner with ad networks and other companies that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated digital properties. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information these ad networks collect about your visits to our Properties and other non-affiliated web sites or apps over time.
You may visit www.aboutads.info/choices to learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out of this form of advertising on your web browser by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program. If you wish to opt-out of interest based advertising in mobile apps on your device by companies that participate in the DAA’s AppChoices app, you may download that app onto your device and exercise your choice.
You may also be able to limit data collection by third parties by using your mobile device settings. Please note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. Additionally, please note that if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, or use a different mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
Your Privacy Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
Information Sharing with SunStreet Affiliates
Except as provided below, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to our affiliates, including Lennar Corporation, Eagle Home Mortgage, LLC and Eagle Home Mortgage of California, as permitted by law.
Notice of Your Ability to Limit Sharing of Creditworthiness Information
Under federal law, we are permitted to share information about our own transactions and experiences with you with our affiliates.
However, federal law gives you the right to limit our ability to share other information about your creditworthiness with our affiliates, such as information regarding your income, assets, and liabilities that you provide to us or that we obtain from a consumer credit report. Federal law permits you to opt out of the disclosure of your creditworthiness information among our affiliates. If you wish to opt out of the disclosure of your creditworthiness information to our affiliates, please contact us by emailing us at service@SunStreet.com at any time.
Notice of Your Choice to Limit Marketing
You may limit our affiliates, such as our mortgage lender or broker and insurance affiliates, from marketing their products or services to you based on your personal information that we collect and share with them. This information includes your income, your account history, and your credit history.
Your choice to limit marketing offers from our affiliates will apply until you tell us to change your notice preferences. If you wish to limit marketing offers, please contact us by emailing us at service@SunStreet.com at any time.
How to Opt-Out of Information Sharing
To limit the information sharing described above, please contact us by emailing us at service@SunStreet.com at any time.
For European Union Citizens
For the purpose of European Union data protection laws, the data controller is Lennar Corporation. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under European Union data protection laws you have the rights to:
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data (this will not affect our right to process your personal data up until such time as you provide us with notice that you no longer consent);
- access to your personal data and request that we provide you with your personal data in machine readable form;
- request us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes (including profiling to the extent that it is related to our marketing activities). We will provide you with appropriate choices to opt-in or opt-out as set out above. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the e-mail address set out above.
- request us to rectify any inaccurate personal data that we may hold;
- request us to erase personal data where: it is no longer necessary for us to hold such personal data; you no longer consent to the processing of your personal data; your personal data has been unlawfully processed; we are otherwise required by law to erase your personal data
- make a complaint with the national data protection authority in the country where you are based.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Your Privacy Rights in Other Jurisdictions
You may have rights, under applicable data privacy laws, to request information about or access to the personal information that we hold about you, to require that information to be corrected it is inaccurate or, in some circumstances, to object to our processing of your personal information. If you wish to exercise those rights, please contact service@SunStreet.com.
For California Consumers
You may request certain information from SunStreet concerning the customer information that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. The information, which we will provide free of charge once per calendar year upon request, includes a list of the types of customer information that we have provided to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we have shared such information during the past calendar year. We will provide the information to you within 30 days of your request.
To request that we provide you with such information, please send a written request to service@SunStreet.com. Within 30 days of receiving your request, we will provide you with the information at the address you designate in your request, which may be an email address or physical address.
Thank you for taking the time to read all of this important information.